Tuesday, August 14, 2007

____'s the New ____ (Fill in the Blanks)

Who coined this phrase? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, 40's the new 30, white's the new black, etc.. A psych major would immediately recognize the mental illness behind this way of thinking-it's called denial. First of all, 40's always just going to be 40. It can't be anything else. Secondly, why is 30 better than 40? This is just a way to never really accept who and where you are in life. Women are notoriously susceptible to this game. I know women who've been 28 for the past 10-15 years. And I'm not talking about women who look their age (whatever that means), I'm talking about women who look damn good regardless of if they were 20, 30, 40, or 50. Quite frankly they look so good, the older their actual age, the better one could say they looked.

Why have we allowed whoever to tell us that there is something wrong with just being who we are? If you're 40, saying you're 28 doesn't make you 28, it just makes you confused. It also forces you to neglect the natural gifts that come along with being mature. A 40 year old woman who has matured well and refused the forever young nonsense has absolutely no reason to fear a less-mature, still wet-behind-the-ears 28 year old female. I have a secret I'd like to share with you so lean your ear closer to your monitor: YOUNG WOMEN LACK SO MUCH CONFIDENCE, THEY SECRETLY WISH THEY WERE YOU!! So in essence, most of you go through life never really accepting who you are. When you're young you wish you were older and when you're older you long for the days when you were younger. STOP LETTING THEM DO THIS SHIT TO YOU!!

Real men prefer older women (to a certain extent). I don't know what age it was that I realized I had absolutely nothing in common with a woman in her 20's but once I became aware of the fact, I don't care how perky their tits were, I had difficulty with younger women. In fact, I like the natural sag and sway of a mature breast-it says something to me that the new-to-puberty perky breast hasn't figured out how to say yet. Sadly, I've discovered that my contemporaries are so obsessed with being forever 21, they neglect the natural gifts that come along with being 40, 50, or even 60 in some cases. I once met a 58 year old woman who looked like she was about 35. Once I discovered her age, I was immediately attracted to her and she was 15 years my senior! She had this quiet sexuality that wasn't overtly on display. In fact, it wasn't on display at all-she was dressed casually, but conservatively. She had this arousing confidence that just permeated the air.

This society is a disposable one and we throw away our elderly. We render them unnecessary and most mope around for years, awaiting that fateful visit from the reaper, instead of ignoring conventional wisdom and just enjoying life. Well let me be the first to say, I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT.

I believe there is an explanation for this phenomenon of denial, but I won't go into it at this time. There are those who say I'm a conspiracy theorist and I don't want to bring those types out from the baseboards during daylight. They aren't fun people-they have thick, impenetrable skulls and ears that are strictly for cosmetic purposes. Suffice it to say if you're constantly running away from who you really are, then who are you really? (I'll let you marinate on that one for a second)-insert final Jeopardy song here. I hope that hit home.

TPOKW

No comments: