Monday, August 27, 2007

The Greatest Divide (exists between black men and women)

I don't quite know the numbers like I used to, but the average African-American home is headed by a single mother. The last figure I read was 35-44% but don't quote me on that. I was searching for a more accurate figure but I'm downloading a episode of "Weeds" from iTunes and it's a bandwith killer. But I won't let that belabor my point.

Quite frankly, I think that it's probably time we start entertaining alternative social systems because it's become evident that the present one simply does not work. At some point we are going to have to scuttle our thoughts and ideas surrounding the family structure and adopt something that benefits everyone involved-not just selected members.

As it stands now, my sisters, you've been awfully selfish. Most of what you want is extremely self-centered and doesn't work in a familial setting. You've become Americanized. Now I want touch on this subject a bit. In the men circles I travel in and around, one of the key concerns with importing a bride is her becoming Americanized. There has to be something to that word. It's truly a concern of most men and I think what that translates to is becoming self-centered and pretty much worthless. An Americanized woman benefits no one but herself-and even in that endeavor she loses. I know very few men interested in a woman who won't care for his kids, won't care for the household, and will destroy the entire foundation for her own selfish desires. I'll give you a couple of true life examples but the names have been changed in order for me to speak on it but still adhere to my tacit confidentiality agreement with the vicitms.

Lita, aged 40-something, is the wife of Shawn and mother of 2, William and Lena. Lita decides to take out a home loan unbeknownst to Shawn. She then throws the money away (I won't say how because that would betray my confidentiality agreement but suffice it to say that throwing it in the trash would have been a more honorable fate for the cash). She then hides any record of the loan from Shawn until one day he gets a phone call from his mortgage company explaining to him that his house will soon be in foreclosure. I won't go into detail any further but Lita isn't to be considered a Lone Ranger. There's Barbara.

Barbara, aged 40-something, the wife of Nathan and the mother of a single child. Barbara gets a personal credit card and charges a whopping $8000 with an accumulated interest of $4000-grand total $12,000. She then decides not to pay on said card for well over a year. Nathan is home one day watching pre-season football and receives a phone call from a collector who proceeds to tell him that a lien is about to be put on his house because Barbara done lost her goddamned mind.

I don't have to tell you that the future of these two women as wives is extremely shaky. What selfish motivation would cause these women to jeopardize the solid foundation of both their families and their homes? I'm neither of them so I couldn't tell you, but needless to say, both Shawn and Nathan had to pony up cold hard cash to save their homes. Now I would like to pose a question to you sista's out there: What should Shawn and Nathan have done? Should they have:

A. Sucked it up and take it like a "man".
B. Immediately filed for divorce and let the chips fall where they may.
C. Administer corporal punishment to their wives.
D. Allow their assets to be seized and let the well run dry.

Before you write to me and tell me that Shawn and Nathan picked the wrong women, I want to remind you that they picked "you". Not you per se, but you in general. Black women, black queens, sista's. And keep in mind that if this isn't outright you, you all know women exactly like this who run in your circles. You know that they are out there doing black men wrong, but you say nothing and you continue to befriend such people, which is considered implied consent. By not speaking out against these women, you are basically saying "There's nothing wrong with what you are doing."

I once knew a woman...let's call her Mandy (because that's her f*cking name-no need to protect this lower life form). Mandy was dating a U.S. Airman who was stationed in Korea. The Airman came home on leave for 30 days and had what I'm assuming was raunchy unprotected sex with Mandy. The Airman then went back to Korea. While he was away, Mandy was screwing several young men, one of which eventually died of AIDS. When the Airman returned from Korea, he came home to the awaiting and loving arms of Mandy who had led him to believe that she was pregnant with twins. Mandy wasn't pregnant. At the time I was dating Mandy's best friend (what an idiot I was), and I overheard the conversation about how she was going to fool the fool. When the Airman returned, he and I took a ride to the bank to pick up some cash. He was lamenting over how hard it was going to be to raise his twins and I just couldn't take it anymore-I spilled the beans. He was in shock, disbelief, horrified, and to top it all off, feeling pretty stupid. I knew I'd stirred up a hornet's nest. I then told him that Mandy had actually gotten pregnant by the young man who eventually died of AIDS but had gotten an abortion in his absence.

When the young Airman returned to Mandy's location, he asked that he speak to her in private. My girlfriend then asked me what was going on and I told her that I told the Airman the truth. My girlfriend then came unglued but I handed her the necessary adhesive and told her to put herself back together and quick lest she suffer the fate that I was most certain would surely befall Mandy. She complied. Mandy and the Airman came back inside and announced that they were leaving-then Mandy looked at me as though I'd just told the Airman that she was really a man and said, "I'm getting someone to kick your ass." To which I replied, "That's just an ass-whipping I'm just gonna have to take, now isn't it? Now go handle your business."

The couple departed and we didn't hear from them again until early the next morning. It was about 8 a.m. and I was still in bed when I heard the knock at the door. My girlfriend looked out the bedroom window and could see that it was Mandy and the Airman-together, as a couple, in love-IDIOT. She let them in and I could hear whispering between Mandy and the Airman, "You said you were gonna kick his ass-what you waitin' on." I could hear Mandy mumble.
"I am, just wait." said the hesitant Airman. She had brainwashed this fool into thinking I was his enemy. Didn't matter to me what shape, size, or previous affiliation an enemy came in-an enemy was an enemy and in order to administer this ass whipping, he was going to have to bring all that he had. The young Airman walked into the bedroom and I sat up in the bed. He mumbled "What's up?" and raised his hand to hit me but I could tell his heart wasn't in it so as he came forward, I grabbed his wrist, threw him off balance and pinned him on the bed while still sitting.
"Hey what's up, I was just saying what's up?" he said.
"Yeah, well next time don't raise your hand so high." I said as I let him up.

I knew that he didn't have it in him to do what she had convinced him to do but he was torn. Poor soul he was too high strung-I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear. I'll give $20 to first person who can tell me what movie that line is from.

When are our sista's going to stop this nonsense? I'm most certain the Airman wasn't an angel, but to intentionally mislead and betray the man's trust in such a foul manner is just unconscionable. We black men have been declared your enemy and you see fit to do whatever you can think of to us. You'll lie and tell us we've fathered your child knowing full well that the daddy was some louse you screwed on one of your loose nights (without protection). You'll invoke law enforcement into the fray knowing full well that we're their official pinata's. You'll turn our own children against us because we wouldn't stick around to endure your foulness. How did we become your sworn enemy? And how do we convince you that you have become instrumental in the demise of our people. We truly need you to realize that in this wilderness called America you've truly lost your minds. And we need you back in order to rebuild what was once great and beautiful and full of promise for the future. Perhaps none of us here have ever experienced this world that I speak of, but that doesn't mean we can't create it. But we, both men and women, have to decide that this future is worth the sacrifice. Think of it, we could be the generation that goes down in history as the people that changed the course of our people. What a noble and righteous goal to strive to achieve!

And ladies, do not despair. I will get right in the men's asses too! They are not without areas that need improving! There's no excuse that we treat our black women like ho's, bitches, or outright idiots. They know we have an affinity for other women, it's our nature. We have to stop lying about it and be honest. It's deceptive to mislead a woman into believing you're going to only be with her when you know that's not what you plan to do. Many of us know men who have a woman on the side and that woman knows that the man is either married or in a committed relationship. If a woman will get with a man under those auspices, where is the incentive to lie? We all know men who date several women at a time and those women know that he dates other women-where then is the incentive to lie? Toni Braxton had a song called, "Just Be a Man About it" and I think for too long our sista's have been asking us to stop pissing on their heads and telling them that it's yellow rain. Be a man about it. If enough of you blokes man up, perhaps sista's will accept you for who you truly are-or not. But nothing beats a failure but a try. Those old women from yester-year; the ones that were my grandmother and some of your great-grandmothers knew that a man was going to be a man. They would tell a woman, "Chile, let that man alone. He'll come home when he ready." And he always did. Those older women knew that a man's place was out in the world, not at home. His very nature is to go out and piss on as many fire-hydrants as he could and mark territory.

Lastly, I'll leave you with this and I've written it many times but I think it can't be said enough. Nature intended man to be with more than one woman and I can prove it. Take 100 men and 1 woman and put them on an isolated island-come back in 100 years and you'll have 101 corpses. Take 100 women and 1 man and put them on an isolated island-come back in 100 years and you'll have a burgeoning society. I challenge anyone to factually dispute that which was just said.

TPOKW?

5 comments:

peculiar VIrtue said...

You made some very valid points... touche`. Unfortunately, for each of the 3 examples you gave of 'heffas that done lost they minds', I can give you at least 3 more of 'triflin bruhs that need to man-up'. I happen to revel in one particular aspect of my "Americanization" that dictates one woman to one man. Scorn me, if you will but that's just my take on things.

And the systematic breeding of multiple women by the strongest male 'studs' inflicted during plantation slavery didn't exactly help nudge us in the direction of nuclear family stability, either. Neither side is to be excused in any case because it's the children that become casualties.... that's definitely another topic.

So tell me, when do you plan to relocate to a polygamous society [I'm assuming, in Africa] and start your own clan?

The Prince of Know Where? said...

PV I expected far more venom from you on this topic but I appreciate you taking it easy on me. The systematic breeding you speak of during slavery was forced and along with it came all sorts of other mental illness from a race of people who are certifiably sociopathic. I don't think we could say that it was exactly polygamy that was taking place during this period. Nothing that has happened to us during the rule of Europeans can be truly considered because their desire to totally dominate and destroy anyone who looks unlike them mandates an uncivilized brutality that is beyond reproach.

I hear you on the triflin' bruhs..they are out there. But understand that you sista's must take step back and allow us to walk like men. We view the world differently and you may not understand our actions, but you must find in your hearts the will to trust that we'll find a way if you allows us to. Silence is mostly what we need from you so that we can focus on our own thoughts. You show me a sista that can hold her tongue and exercise restraint and I'll show you a sista who is truly an African Queen deserving all the grandeur that an African King can bestow upon her.....shhh....silence.

Finally, I've lived with two women at once before and it has its inherent rewards but is a lot harder than most would think. Menstrual cycles tend to sync when two women dating the same man live together and the sparks that flew during that 7 day period almost made it not worth it. The most rewarding part is not the sex (damn close, but not). The most rewarding part is seeing two strong black women humble themselves in the presence of one another and work together as a team. That is the most beautiful sight in the world and the harmony that existed between the two of them was like music-sweet, soothing, music.

Try it one day.

TPOKW?

peculiar VIrtue said...

"The systematic breeding you speak of during slavery was forced... I don't think we could say that it was exactly polygamy that was taking place during this period."

I think you misunderstood my reference to the forced breeding--I wasn't trying to compare it to polygamy (where a man has many WIVES but only as he can provide for them and his children); but I was pointing out the plausible origin for today's sad state of Black familial relations (one man fathering children among many women, without any commitment or guarantee of supporting them). There really is no comparison except, well, the sex.

And there was no need for my 'venom' here, as you so eloquently put it. I take as good as I give, and you gave a valid argument. But please understand that the rare silence you seek will take a while for Black men to earn. Hundreds of years of speaking out as mother and father to offspring because the men were being silenced physically and emotionally by "the system" doesn't disappear overnight.

And I consider you a brave soul for your week-long (LOL) polygamous stint. I'm sure the arrangement works for those who want it to.... Needless to say, I don't share. Maybe in another life if I need to be severely punished. ;o)

The Prince of Know Where? said...

The polygamous period was longer than a week. I'm referring to the 7-day menstrual cycle that women have.
|
Thanks for your commentary.

peculiar VIrtue said...

Oh, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. :o)

And now, silence.....