Monday, August 20, 2007

Quiet World

As many of you know, my wife and I separated the beginning of this month. I had planned on it being a smooth transition with all of the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed, but she had something else in mind. Something that involved law enforcement, false statements, and outright thievery. I don't understand people these days, but suffice it to say that no matter what you do with an individual (and I put emphasis on individual because we've allowed ourselves to be reduced to crabs in a bucket), when there is a parting of ways, you have to protect yourself like never before because people will outright defile you in the name of vengance. I can't speak candidly on the subject, but once all is done, I will give details.

The one shining moment in all of this is I've finally gotten settled into my new place and it is an old familiar Quiet World. I remember this place and can't recall why I would have ever disturbed its inherent peace. I don't think I'll ever allow myself to throw it away again. Sure there's no one around to talk to, but recalling the caliber of conversation I recently left, that should be a blessing. I know I chat with the TV a lot more now, but that's to be expected-it's the only thing in the house that talks.

Another thing I like is that it's a lot easier to keep the place spotless. I'm almost anal about it since living with my wife and her two kids. They weren't the most versed in domestic duties. I remember taking plenty of those deep breaths to calm the old nerves. And when I tried to talk to her about the proper way to clean or maintain something, you'd think I'd just ask her to give me bone marrow. There are plenty of positives that are now taking the place of what should be a mourning period. Perhaps I was in mourning the entire 5.9 years. There is a certain sadness that creeps in from time to time, then I think about the $10,449 she cost me in less than a week and all of a sudden, that sadness feels like weakness and I immediately get rid of it. Compassion should only be reserved for the innocent; hang the rest.

TPOKW

1 comment:

anonimouse said...

Indeed...Hang them!