Monday, October 23, 2006

Even In Death Lay Wins

First and for most, let me say that I don't believe that Ken Lay is any deader than...I don't know, any of you who might read this blog entry. But I heard some of the most shocking news today on KPFK, (yeah, I listen to that left-wing, listener supported rhetoric). It appears that since Ken Lay died of an apparent heart attack, his estate won't be touched in spite of his criminal activity. All the money he stole from the state of California; all the money he stole from companies that Enron bought and cannibalized; all the retirement funds he and his hoods looted will remain within his family's possession. What kind of country is this? It isn't one at all-it is a modern day pirate's cove whereby the populous are fooled into worshipping the pirates that rob and exploit them daily.

Any gain that is realized from criminal activity is to be forfeited-that's the law. But, in my opinion, not only did they fake K. Lay's death, they've now made it possible for him to keep all the booty. You have to ask yourself, how can they look themselves in the mirror? What types of human beings are these (that's if they're human at all). I am so sad that I had 4 children. This world is not the type of place I would want my children to be raised. To know that I can't even protect them from the harm that may come their way angers me. I know that there are other places much worse, but most of those places are in the condition that they are in because of what this country is responsible for.

When I heard about K. Lay keeping the riches he so blatantly stole from common folk who busted their asses for 20-30 years-scratching and saving for their retirement, I was extremely saddened. Can you imagine, getting up everyday, going to work, saving and watching your nest egg grow-and then comes along these thugs in Brooks Brother suits, wearing smiles and expensive ties. They promise you the heaven and deliver you hell. Every quarter you've received a report on how your money's growing. You know that there's only about 2 years left and you'll be able to buy that lake house and fish for trout all day every day. And one day there's an announcement that you're being bought by Enron and everyone's happy. Why? Because their stock is going through the roof. They must be doing something right...right? Wrong. They're staying afloat because they've been behaving like locusts-descending upon crops, devouring them, and moving on to the next. And when you're government, who's only purpose is to protect you is called into play, they fake his death and let his estate keep the ill-gotten goods. Why shouldn't the rest of us behave in kind? When your reward for doing what is upstanding and right is a dick up your ass compliments of the U.S. government-what incentive does one have to do otherwise?

Today is a sad day in the history of mankind.

The Prince

No comments: