Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's Been a Long Time...





since I left you, without a dope rhyme to step to..... For those of you who remember the infamous Rakim, I just wanted to start off with something that some of you may recall, and others (R. Lawrence) may have never heard of. Be that as it may, I'm blogging again. Why? Because it's Sunday, and I've never been a fan of the day. But lately, I've really been a HUGE fan of Sundays. My significant other (if I can be so blatant as to call her that) and I usually spend the mornings reading the paper and sipping on lattes at a local Starbucks, then we come back to her place and lounge around or hit the beach. Sunday tradition consists of her preparing BLT's for lunch because the both of us are MEGA fans of bacon and she has the sense enough to know that over indulging shortens one's life expectancy, thusly, Sunday is the day of bacon. Our evenings are usually shared in the kitchen preparing dinner. My job is preparing the meat-something I enjoy because I'm able to experiment and try new recipes.

How did I ever become so domesticated? Well, it's simple. I think it's something that's a part of every male, you just have to find someone who won't force you into the kitchen against your will, but who will highlight the finer points of a masculine male who knows how to prepare meat. Yeah, I know I'm being tricked here, but I enjoy it nonetheless. To share the kitchen with Nancy is such a joy for me. It's like team work at its finest. I even help with the cleaning (sometimes).

So today is Sunday, and here's a list of things I've accomplished:

1. Donated to the Starbucks/LA Times fund
2. Had a BLT
3. Walked the dog (twice)
4. Visited every electronics store in a 10 mile radius (twice)
5. Configured Nancy's wireless network (welcome to the world of wireless baby)
6. Transferred all pertinent software from my Mac to her newly purchased Mac Book (welcome to the world of Mac baby)
7. Lovingly seasoned salmon filets and grilled said filets to perfection

Now I'm about to have a seat in front of the tele and enjoy a meal fit for a king!

Wish you all were here!


TPOKW

1 comment:

leos child said...

booottttttttsssssssssssss
i like the fish it looks realyy nice i dont eat fish but i must say your food looks pretty good.your girlfriend is in good hands.